Wednesday, August 29, 2007

mikem's Top [grumble] Movies Circa Now-ish

I'm with PeterJ. I certainly couldn't give you a ranked set of top 20 movies without some real serious thought. But here's 10 that would certainly be there, off the top of my head...
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Natural Born Killers
  • Hackers
  • Empire Records
  • The Matrix (just the first one)
  • The Gods Must Be Crazy
  • Weekend At Bernie's
  • Lawrence Of Arabia
  • The Usual Suspects
  • Breakfast At Tiffany's
  • When Harry Met Sally
A Clockwork Orange is probably my number one, though.



Yes, I am slightly deranged.

5 comments:

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

I love the range in your list, Mike! If it weren't for Tim, you might win the "Most Eclectic Tastes" award in these parts!

A Clockwork Orange has found itself on (and off) my list over the years, but it's never far below # 20 for me. The first ten or fifteen minutes of that film, the first time you see it, are like trying to learn a new language without any form of interpretation! After I saw it, back in the early 80s, I was so blown away that I went out and bought the novel it's based on, read it, and then wanted to see the movie again!

And it certainly created a role for Malcolm McDowell that he's never quite managed to get beyond, in terms of identification.

T said...

good choice my droogies.

I need to write about the time I made Matt, Craig and Jason watch Blow Up. It was the beginning of the end for movie night and just proves how different taste can be...

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

LOL! "... beginning of the end for movie night" as far as you knew, buddy boy! We enjoyed it for several years more, after we dumped the loser who kept trying to get us to watch art house flicks...

(Just kidding!)

T said...

wimper.

Actually, I guess I was lucky not having to sit through the Airplane 2, 3 and 4 showings, or the all weekend 'This is Babylon 5 seasons 1 through 4, bitch. I'll be tightening the restraints on all of your bakka loungers in a sec'

Anonymous said...

Oh, you didn't just slag on B5....