Sunday, April 27, 2008

The WGA Strike Was The Best Thing to Happen to Canadian Television in the Last 5 Years


Let's see what's on Canadian TV. Well there's Hockey and then there are American Pay TV imports. I like Hockey, but love Big Love. And Dexter, and the last season of the Sopranos and the Glen Close legal drama 'Damages', and the fact that Intelligence may turn into a Fox re-make all simply because those pesky American writers chose to stand up for their convergent media rights!

Big Love, Thursdays at 10 on Global has got me. About half the first season has been broadcast with the wonderful tale of Bill Henrickson's brood, wives and hardware coming to a great conclusion. I tell you, to see Harry Dean Stanton and Bruce Dern chew up the scenery is fantastic and I would like officially to invite Jeanne Trippelhorn and Ginnifer Goodwin to join me in a plural marriage. With God and the Prophet's blessing, Cathie and I can make it work. Honest.

Oh, while looking for Big Love jpegs, I found this:


Also like to thank God and the Prophets that 30 Rock is back.

No comments: