Thursday, February 7, 2008

Rabble Rousing From Whedon

I very much enjoyed this diatribe by Joss Whedon over at the United Hollywood blog. He argues passionately for the striking WGA members to hold fast to their anger toward the studios, right up until that moment - if it ever comes - at which an agreement is reached. As you'd expect from the creator of Buffy, Angel and Firefly, it's all written extremely well, but this is my favourite part:

"And the studios? Well, the Oscars provide advertising revenue and a boost for the films that win. But the studios have shown impressive resolve in ignoring short-term losses in order to destroy us. I don't hear any knees knocking in the Ivory Towers over that night of programming. Hey, I wish I did. I wish, like a lot of people, I could hear anything from in there besides that weird clicking sound Predator makes."

That last bit... made me laugh out loud!

No comments: