Wednesday, November 7, 2007

24: Season 7 Trailer

Hey Fox: give it a break already!

PeterJ recently posted about putting shows on notice. 24 has been on my notice list for the last two seasons - I think the only reason I finished watching the last season was because I didn't cancel the PVR schedule. After watching the trailer for this season, I'm not sure I even want to give the premiere a chance.



They should have stopped after season 3, before the show really started to go downhill. On the other hand, after watching that trailer I feel the sudden urge to order me some DirecTV for their 100 channels of HD!

4 comments:

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Well, let's run through this one by the numbers:

1) Gratuitous mention of a "firewall"?
Check!

2) Former cast member returning?
Check!

3) Mole somewhere in the organization?
Check!

4) Jack talking about torturing somebody?
Check!

5) Jack actually torturing somebody?
Check!

6) Stealing idea from big budget action film (Diehard 2 in this case)?
Check!

7) Jack Bauer, about to lose it?
Check!

8) Explosions, car crashes and the occasional hot chick?
Check!

OK, I guess we're ready for Season Seven!

Mike Marsman said...

Actually, it kind of felt to me like they're borrowing more from Diehard 4.

The only thing I'm really looking forward to is them killing off Chloe!

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Wasn't it the 2nd Diehard where the bad guys had the device to control the plane's telemetry remotely, such that they could crash a plane by convincing it that it was actually higher than it was? That's the vibe I got from the scene where the planes are brought together.

And who knew Tony was a bad guy?!?

Mike Marsman said...

It was the "former Good Guy turned Bad Guy Tony" combined with the "breaking through the government firewall" gave me the whole diehard4 "fire sale" vibe.

But in reality the diehards aren't really that distinguishable from each other ;)

Meh, I probably should just compare it to JAG instead :P