Thursday, September 13, 2007

Weeds: "Bill Sussman" (S3E05)

























The latest episode of the superb Weeds was my favorite of the third season thus far.

What happened:
- Nancy attempted to remove a mass amount of blood from her backseat (she was inadventerantly involved in a hilarious drive-by shooting)
- But, she remains calm because she has nerves of steel
- Shane is sent to Christian summer camp where abortions are murder mysteries
- Silas expands his clientelle to include the old folks home
- Andy, after witnessing a pal murdered by the government, goes into hiding and adopts the title alias
- Celia, in a subplot I nearly forgot, gets a house
- Nancy's nerves of steel go shoddy when she finds a present waiting for her in the garage

Overall I thought this was a great episode. Many hilarious moments and the plot progressed nicely. Even though Nancy's world just got a bit darker, it wasn't really a depressing episode like some of the earlier ones in the season have been. Next week, Mary-Kate Olsen joins the cast ... not sure how I feel about that, but I'll wait to actually see it.

I like to rate individual TV episodes out of 10 (I find this suits the shorter, less comprehensive format better - but feel free to complain). I would never rate movies out of 10, don't you worry.

5 comments:

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Can't even live by your own rules... I love it!

Anonymous said...

Only for movies! But certainly acceptable for TV shows.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

"Can't even live by" and
"Changes to suit your own purposes" are really the same thing, you know.

Anonymous said...

Well I could change it to ... **** I guess. I'm not that attached to 9.3.

Mike Marsman said...

i was a little disappointed by this episode, actually. i'm feeling that the whole plotline around Andy is too disjoint (pun intended?) from the rest of the show. they put him in the army just to pull him out? feels like a thin plot just for the addition of a thin plot. i wouldn't be shocked if he's killed off before the end of the season.

the episode was hilarious, though! i love the scene where gangster guy (cna't remember his name) pulls up in his own prius - "it's real quiet ... makes it easier to sneak up on people". heh.

ally nearly peed her pants laughing at the scene where Nancy picked up Shane from summer school/camp.