Friday, September 14, 2007

For The Stats Fans Out There

Google Analytics tells me that this site averaged 25 visits per day over the past week, with yesterday being the high mark (35) and last Saturday providing the low (7).

The average length of a visit appears to be around 3:15 (m:ss) although I believe that's over the past month, rather than just the past week. Recently that average appears to be slightly higher.

Just over half (51.99%) of the visits have been 'new' with the rest being 'returning.'

Canada provides the most visitors (not surprisingly), with the U.S. not too far behind (about 1/2 as many), followed distantly by Italy, U.K., Argentina, Germany, and many others.

Among the more popular articles found via searches were the Season 3 Weeds review, and Tim's Namaste Yoga post.

Just in case anyone was interested...

9 comments:

T said...

wow, sex and drugs. Guess we are doing a great job.

I don't get it. Why would anyone who is not directly connected to one of us, read this?

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

"I don't get it. Why would anyone who is not directly connected to one of us, read this?"

Ah! I can help out there. Just recently, a new invention was unveiled, called the "search engine." With this amazing device - I'm told - folks can type words into search fields and voila! (as the French say) they'll land on strange and wondrous websites, the likes of which they've never seen before.

I know, I know... it all sounds like magic! But it's true!

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

I can't believe no one commented on my gaff of reporting that the "average length of visit [was] around 3:15 (h:mm)"!

I've since fixed it to be "3:15 (m:ss)", as of course no one was really spending hours per visit on our site, wicked though it is!

Anonymous said...

I thought you were saying hmm! that's interesting!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm on the interest in weeds & yoga! My oh my.

T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T said...

Mattman - there must be 400 gagillion Blogs out there, each with un-edited stories of cake-baking or un-realized trips to the comic store. If someone found the 'namaste yoga' article on the 40th page in google search and read the whole thing, I would be very surprized.

'Bet the traffic, beyond our little contributor circle is all Chinese-attack bots.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Tim, Tim, Tim... when oh when will you let go of your fantasies about Chinese attack bots?! I know you dream about them every night... and do other things while you think about them... but they just don't exist!

Get over it already!

Signed,
Yer bud. (NOT a Chinese attack bot)

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

[Private message to Chinese attack bots:

I have Tim's e-mail address! Get it off my harddrive... And then attack!

Attack!!

Attack!!!]

Nothing to see here...