Monday, September 10, 2007

Today I Met One of My Heroes















Fate was shining on me when Mom stumbled across a newspaper ad indicating that Roger would be signing copies of his new book, Awake in the Dark, at a bookstore that is a mere 5 minute walk from my apartment.

I headed out today, a bit nervous about both potentially meeting him and the line situation, to find that there were only about 15 people in the one-room store. The intimate setting allowed me to talk to him for a few minutes (he's not able to speak yet, but was writing notes and his wife filled in the rest) and get a photo. I kept the gushing to a minimum: so glad he's writing again, looking great, etc. He's really enjoying the Film Festival so far. This is what he inscribed on my book:

For Tammy,
Movie lover.

Roger Ebert
TIFF 09/10/07.

6 comments:

T said...

cool. very cool.

You seeing any Tiff Films?

I would love to see My Winnipeg.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

That's very cool.

Hopefully you remembered to tell him about our blog, and slipped him the URL. Right? Right??!!??

Sheesh. Kids today.

Mike Marsman said...

Very cool!

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

And, by the way, I'm pretty sure I was the one who said, "Hey, that's this coming Monday!" when Vicki spotted the ad!

Don't I get any credit?

Sheesh. Kids today.

Anonymous said...

Living in TO is very cool! Hopefully this is the first of many fun thing
to happen.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Totally jealous.