Tuesday, August 21, 2007

When Is Good News Not Necessarily Good News?

Well, one example would be this little nugget over at Blog@Newsarama.
There we learn that maybe the Justice League of America movie will be used as a launch vehicle for various and sundry of DC's woefully under-utilized comic properties - Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman are mentioned - which sounds like a good thing. But then we read on to discover that equally likely is the rumour that the film will be fast-tracked to get it out as soon as possible, which - I'm sorry - just doesn't exactly scream

Quality Endeavour

to this jaded fan! Am I just being paranoid? Or have I been burned once too often?

And yes, I originally planned to post this over on my own blog, but loyalty to this motley crew changed my mind, damn it!

3 comments:

T said...

M - Have you been watching Entourage?

The send ups of Comic geekdom as the fictional Aquaman movie is being made are priceless.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of speed versus quality, I'm not sure what this says about the upcoming F4 spinoff:

"I'm now on the third draft of the Silver Surfer movie which is also being fast-tracked[...]" --jms

If fast-tracking movies based on the success of an initial movie is an early sign of badness, is it possible the opposite will hold true if the initial flick(s) are (by most reports) pretty bad?

Anonymous said...

If the initial flicks were pretty bad then a sequel is silly and fast tracking can't possibly hurt!