Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Time warp time

I'd heard rumblings about AMC's remake of The Prisoner, but it didn't really make an impression until now:

The new series may be months away, but starting today fans can now view (in full screen, no less) all 17 full episodes of the originals series online at The Prisoner 1960s Site.

(via Wil Wheaton)

What a way to promote the new series (although mere Canadians are shut out, as usual... sheesh).

At least we'll get to see the new series. AMC was a recent addition to the Rogers cable lineup, and between Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and now The Prisoner, it's become my favourite U.S.-based channel.

As for Canadian-based channels, you can probably guess at my favourite. Check out Being Erica on Mondays at 9; the premiere episode that aired this week shows a lot of promise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds promising. I enjoyed the first Prisoner series, strange as it was!

Peter Janes said...

I think the strangeness is why I enjoyed it so much. :)

From what I've seen on the site it appears it may be a single season show, which I think is appropriate. Weird is good, but generally best in moderation.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Like Vicki, I found the original series entertaining, but I was disappointed that there wasn't more of a payoff in the conclusion. I'd expected more, I guess. People who complain about Lost not tying up enough loose ends surely shouldn't venture into Prisoner territory (or, at least, that's my recollection of the series, from seeing it over a decade ago).