Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Jackson And Tolkien: Together Again!

Great news today that over the next two or three years, Peter The Lord of the Rings Jackson will executive-produce a pair of movies based on The Hobbit and its sequel (?). I remember when the third and final LotR installment came out on DVD - with the usual additional material for us all to enjoy - and there was that inevitable feeling of disappointment over the run ending. Someone (maybe me, maybe whoever I was talking to about it) asked, "Why wouldn't Jackson just do The Hobbit?" That seemed like a natural next step for him to take, if he wanted to build on the momentum that he'd established on LotR.

There was a dispute (over proceeds from those movies) to settle first, but now that that's taken care of, it's full speed ahead. To which I say, "Yay!"

I'm sure there's news on this in lots of different places, but I read about it here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was the one who asked that, I think. Also an exciting idea.