Monday, November 12, 2007

A Lack of Review

Sunday at 3pm I very excitedly made plans with my Dad and Step-Mom to see my most anticipated film of 2007 (the Coen's No Country for Old Men). I was to meet them in an hour at a cinema at Bay and Bloor. I proceeded to shower (yes, at 3pm) and get ready when I got a phone call saying that Step-Mom had already started making dinner, unbeknown to Father, and that I had to go over there to eat and we would see the 7pm show. Ok, that's fine. I can wait a few more hours.

When I arrive, Father is passed out (an exhausting week at work, apparently) and I am informed he will not be leaving the house that evening, but that we can see the movie on Monday night. Hmph, annoying, but whatever - I can wait a day, I'm adaptable.

However, upon waking, Father informs me that he is actually leaving on a business trip (that Step-Mom had forgotten about) in the morning and will not be back until NEXT WEEKEND. Gah!

It is at times like these that I miss my other parents, who do not change plans. Ever.

*Yes I could go by myself or with friends, but then I'd have to PAY!
**Was this my least relevant entry ever?