Monday, September 3, 2007

Be Joyful! My Children Be JoyFul! Rock Plaza Central and Nanalan



I have never seen Nanalan. I played this video for Rock Plaza Central's Be Joyful this morning and Elizabeth and Jessie immediately recognized it. Nanalan, a pre-schooler's show on CBC, looks great and it seems to be right up there with the best in Children's TV:

'Hopefully you haven't forgotten the crisp cold taste of garden hose water or the mind-boggling excitement of giving a nut to a chipmunk'

Very fitting. Rock Plaza Central is also among the best indie bands at the moment and the collaboration goes together like Mona and her dog Russell .

The above video, directed by Mike Juneau and Plaza singer Chris Eaton does not really portray the strange sci-fi themes and end of the world tales of the group's Are We Not Horses, but what the hell. It's great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Made me smile....liked the 'Laugh In' wall in the background. And wow do I ever want to find some peanuts and a chipmunk to play with.

T said...

Me too. I keep coming back and playing the thing!